The next workshop we had with the mulberry student again involveed the use of adobe premiere except this time we would be recording sound and using the software to cut and edit the sound as we pleased.
One of our workshops has recently been involved with the sixth form students of Mulberry UTC’s English Literature Class the student of the UTC have assembled kits relating to objects, photographs and written statements relating to the Roman Road area. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 2 Archives and Future Places, Green Screen Workshop
After collecting images myself from Roman Road I wanted to look more into some of the history of Roman Road and went back to the Living in Bow project by The Roman Road Trust. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 2 Archives and Future Places, Image and Archive research
As well as gathering sound clips from Roman Road I also took pictures and created videos to try and encapsulate what I got from the surrounding area. These images include buildings and narrow path ways. A lot of them seeming some what dilapidated and empty after the local parents and children had gone home after leaving school. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 2 Archives and Future Places, image collecting Roman Road
For our new project at futures past studio we are too create a sequential narrative of an imagines Roman Road 100 years in the future. The outcomes for this project must include at least 1 Risograph printed film style poster the promote our narrative, a twelve page graphic novel/ 12 individual images or a 1 minute video (we are to choose which ever we prefer) and the outcomes must also include some form of sound this could range from anything of recorded sound accompanying the outcomes on a headset or speaker or possibly using some form of scannable barcode to work with a smart phone.
For this brief we had to each also create a commemorative plaque either etched or laser cut on ply wood or acrylic plastic. For my plaque I decided to continue with the image of earths destruction as this idea continued to develop and become more interesting as I thought about it. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Commemorative Plaque
Through out this project I had given different thought to my banner design but had struggled when thinking of ideas for my banner, but after completing my pamphlet design I decided it would be a good idea to use the final illustration from the comic of the planet earth being destroyed as I think this image acts as a great symbol of the protest behind the pamphlet. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Banner ideas and development
When thinking about the cover for my miniature comic I wanted to relate it in some way back to comics from around the mid 20th century as this was the basis for my chosen books i’ll be exploring in my dissertation and also relates back to another time when nuclear attcack was a looming concern aswell as today. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Cover creation
Now that I had a plan for the pamphlet that I was happy with I continued to refine the drawings for the comic page by page. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Refined comic drawings
After a crit with the tutors I was recommended to try and bring my dissertation topic of the Apocalypse, Post-Apocalypse and Dystopia into my work somehow so I started out by sourcing some imagery from this topic that I found interesting. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Linking work to dissertation