FMP: 1984 Screen Print and poster finishing

Now that I had chosen to work with the schmalfette font I began creating my screen printed poster. I bought 10 sheets of cartiridge paper at 150 gsm and got my screen ready for printing. To try and capture a more dystopian feel to the type I basically used a power hose to clean the emultion from the screen and made sure to try and blast extra bits off around the letters and then I added some extra emultion to randomly block certain parts. Continue reading FMP: 1984 Screen Print and poster finishing

Advertisements

FMP: The Road Ash tests and development

For my poster of The Road I wanted to look at someway of using actual ash to create the poster. I started by gathering some ash from a bbq and applying it to paper using spray mount and water to see how it would react. Continue reading FMP: The Road Ash tests and development

FMP: Day of the Triffids Editing Bleach Letters

I now had all of my bleach letter forms photographed so I used the pictures in photoshop to make them into silhouette forms and then accumulated them into the quote “When I die don’t bury me at all just pickle my bones in alcohol” Continue reading FMP: Day of the Triffids Editing Bleach Letters

FMP: Day of the Triffids material tests

When thinking about what to do to make my posters unique in some way I thought about what it was about carnivorous plants that was interesting other than the shapes and patterns that they have. I realised that they all dissolve their prey once it is caught and I began thinking about how I could use this in the creation of my typographic poster. Continue reading FMP: Day of the Triffids material tests

Design Competition: Project 2 Work Placement, Cover Title and Letter form Experiments

Now that I had my images together on the cover I then started experimenting with indian ink to create letter forms for the quote on the back cover “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others” Continue reading Design Competition: Project 2 Work Placement, Cover Title and Letter form Experiments

Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Illustration Ideas, protest development and rough storyboards

Upon completing my lino concept and being unsatisfied with the outcome I decided to think more about what it is that I want from my dissertation subject and how this can integrate into my studio project. I decided it could be a good idea to create a narrative of my own in the form of illustrations relating to the tensions between the North Korea and the US and when talking with friends about this we joked about how Donald Trump is in a nut shell an internet troll. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Illustration Ideas, protest development and rough storyboards

Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Link to Dissertation and Photo-montage test

After looking at the book cover for Dantes inferno and the posters for Blade Runner and Apocalypse now I thought about how I could combine multiple images relating to apocalypse in a way that conveys the current anxieties of nuclear threat related to Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Link to Dissertation and Photo-montage test

Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Photo-montage experimentation

After looking at work from these different artists I thought about how I could create photomontage images of my own relating the images to nuclear weapons and back to the Roman Road trust. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Photo-montage experimentation

Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Laser cutting workshop.

Our latest workshop at Futures Past has been in the laser cutting and wood work studios in the bottom floor of the university. For this workshop we took our designed into Adobe illustrator then had them laser cut into our own materials. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 1 Activism, Laser cutting workshop.