I started creating some mock ups for my cover looking at different ways to generate patterns and orienting text.
I started by looking at these different typefaces similar to the one on the nonporous page I liked these but I ended up choosing this one from google fonts called Inknut that I think is very unique amongst the other serif typefaces due to it’s odd ridges and differentiating serifs.
I also then started looking at orienting the type in a circle but I wasn’t really happy with how this looked and decided against it.
I decided doing it in this simpler frame like way would work better and I then started looking at different patterns to make.
I tried making patterns with lines I draw with a marker and manipulating them with a photo copier but this didn’t look good and I didn’t want to waste time trying to make it work.
I then tried to use paint and dish soap to create bubble print patterns but again I didn’t like how this turned out and I had already used this method in previous project and didn’t feel like repeating it in this project.