After completing my rough designs for the logo I went home to finish it off. The logo is now complete and ready to use I am quite happy with how it turned out and I hope you all think its as good as I do.
The first thing I did was have a look at the latest design and basically refine and it and craft it so that I would have a better idea of how it would look digitally rendered. Here is the refined drawing after it was done I knew that this would make a reasonably good logo I didn’t want to take up any more time thinking of clever ideas because time was of the essence and decisions needed to be made.
Now that I had decided on a logo design I re-created it on a digital format and began experimenting with different colour schemes using my favourite colours Black and Grey. I decided that number four (Grey clock, Black hands on White background) would be the best option as it could be used in different shape frames because it of it circular shape and I think this one resembles the way most clocks are coloured with lighter colours for the body and darker ones for the hands.
Part of the homework for our next CIP class was to bring in a mood board of research and our logo designs printed onto a business card, a compliment slip and a letter head. The mood board mainly consists of work by artists that I listed in the answers and some different printing/ mark making processes.
I made a few varients of the business card but again didn’t have much time to faff around with ideas and had to quickly think of some and choose one.
I ended up deciding on this one because I thought that diagnal lines would provide some entertainment for the viewers eyes.
I then added the logo to a compliment slip with this I only included my old address since this is a slip made to be posted and not for any other form of contact. I also wanted to leave a lot of space on it to be written on. (I have no idea why the logo colour changes in this image I dont even think it printed like that)
The last part of my self promotion was a letter head design this one I think still needs some tweaking because when printed the text/ info seemed abit to large. One thing I think I did right was to highlight the the name and occupation with grey under balck text instead of white on black like the address.