I wasn’t very happy with the way my final video turned out, the main problem was that whenever anyone watched it the video gave the impression that it had ended around 3/4 of the way through and I was having to tell people to keep watching. Continue reading Studio Futures Past: Project 2 Archives and Future Places, Final Video Revisited
In the second part of our workshop we looked at User Interface and making wire frames as a way of simplifying and visualizing how an app would be put together showing where certain parts of the app would be positioned. Continue reading Core Workshops: UX/UI workshop with Ricardo Eversley part 2
The Graphic Design students have recently had two workshops relating to User Experience and User Interface Design. This workshop was very interesting we learned about all different aspects of UX design through different activities and discussions relating to how User Journeys are visualized and how information about different users can help to dictate the way in which different things like apps or websites are put together. Continue reading Core Workshops: UX/UI workshop part 1 with Ricardo Eversley
As one of our core workshops some of the Graphic Design students had an induction into the wood work studio and learned about operating some of the machinery including cutters, sanders and welding machines. Continue reading Core workshops: 3D Workshop, Wood work induction
ow that I ad refined the body text to a point I was pleased with I was now ready to submit my final draft with the template provided by penguin including their logo and the bar code necessary to the cover. The shortlisted applicants will be announced in late April and from there they will have to continue to complete the final steps of the competition.
After looking at the previous winners I began looking into what themes of the book I could convey in the cover initially I wanted to try and show the corruption of power elements but when I gave it some thought I realised it was the aspect of manipulation that I felt resonated with me the most and I decided to add onto the horse puppet strings leading up to a paintbrush on the spine pointing to the way the paintbrush and the manipulation of facts and laws is what is used to manipulate the ignorance of the other animals.
After a meeting in the Design Comp studio Emily Evans recommended that we look into the past winners of the competition to gain a better understanding of what the judges of the competition would be looking for to give us the best chance of succeeding. Continue reading Design Competition: Project 2 Work Placement, Penguin Cover Awards Past Winner Research
Once I had my cover to a point I thought it was presentable I asked one of the tutors Sara to have a look at the cover to see how it could be improved. She felt that the Russian text on the cover took alot of attention away from the image and was unecessary and said that although the type choice for the author name was good I should try out creating letter forms for the title similar to the back cover quote and also to adjust the orientation of the back cover body text as it looked messy and unconsidered. Continue reading Design Competition: Project 2 Work Placement, Peer review and cover changes
Now that I had my images together on the cover I then started experimenting with indian ink to create letter forms for the quote on the back cover “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others” Continue reading Design Competition: Project 2 Work Placement, Cover Title and Letter form Experiments
Now that I had this concept to work off I started to make up the elements of the cover by drawing them out and creating silhouettes on photoshop. Continue reading Design Competition: Project 2 Work Placement, Developing new cover idea